how long after your lil one started walking did you wait to put them in a toddler bed

i know i just asked this question but left out detail sorry... im not sure when to put my lil one in a toddler bed im afraid of when he starts walking more and climbing that he may climb out and hurt himself... he is only 8.5 months old and is beginning to walk how long do i wait?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby has been walking for a year and is still not in a toddler bed. But he also never slept in a crib either.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 4:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• For me walking didn't have anything to do with it. My oldest hit the height limit on the crib at 15 months, so we put the others in a regular bed at 15 months as well.

We didn't do toddler beds. We didn't think the added expense was worth it...just go right to the bed you plan on having them in later anyway. (our thinking)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My son was walking at 12-1/2 months. he's 21 months and can climb on the couch, the chairs everything but has YET to attempt the crib, i have heard of other kids though that as soon as they can walk, they try climbing, my son is still in the crib.. I am thinking of moving him to a toddler bed a month before his birthday =only because I have off a full week from work and will have the time to put him back to bed 87000 times if I need to ..lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2009