Bottle before bed

My 4 month old son wont take a pacifier, and the only way he will go to sleep is his bottle... is it ok to give him his bottle everytime he goes to sleep? Sometimes he will eat 2 OZ of formula, sometimes only half an ounce.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ya i give my DD her last bottle within 20 minutes of her going down for the night have her whole 9 months and works great :)
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• As long as it's not in his mouth - touching his teeth.. it should be fine.
    What I always do, is wait until my DS is asleep and slip the bottle out of his mouth.
    Or I put water - the same temperature he generally likes his formula to be - and use that.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It is okay to put them to bed with a bottle with water in it, not anything else. Anything but water will decay their front teeth. I learned this the hard way with my first. I learned with my second two to just let them self soothe themselves to sleep, it was easier in the long run.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2009