another question, gosh i got a lot to learn.

If you've read my other questions you'd know why I'm asking this but I'll go ahead & explain.

I'm having a sweet little boy named Bryson Cole on December 20th.
I am married but me & daddy are split up & waiting till I have bryson to get a divorce.

Okay, the questions are:
If I don't want him in the delivery room, can I keep him from coming in? Or does he have the "right" to come in since he's the daddy.

Also, when I get to go home, will bryson get to come with me to my home or what?
Bryson's dad & I DO NOT live together by the way.

Thanks in advance ladies :)

brookethomas

Asked by brookethomas at 4:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• You can keep him out, even though you know he's the daddy it doesn't matter. But you should let him in there with you, seeing the birth could change him and make him a better person, and he'll see what life is all about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• first im sorry that happened thats a bit sad to split when preggo but to answer ya.. no he does not have to be in the room but if it was me id put aside my problems to let him be there for the birth of his child, and yes the child will come home with you but the child support and custody fun begins
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• You can ask you dr. at the next app because some have different rules than the other, my dr told me I could have as many people in the delivery room as I was ok with them seeing my VJ. Ask you dr. they will tell you, as for who he goes home with I don't know.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I haven't seen your other questions, but I would first get a lawyer, and second, prepare yourself to breastfeed....take a class, get a book, and commit to it... not only is it best for your baby, but I think there are considerations in the court about keeping a breastfeeding mommy with her infant, ...assuming custody is what you want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Personally I believe that you should still let him in the delivery room. I don't know your situation however so I can't really be the judge. I would say yes as long as there has not been abuse or something that would put you and the baby in danger. I can also understand why you may not want him in there with you since you are no longer together, but overall it is his baby and it's such a special moment to witness. If my husband and I were to ever split up I would never deny him the experience of seeing his child born.

I would think that the baby would be going home with you. Are you planning on having a custody battle once the baby is born? I would think until that is settled a newborn would be left with it's mother.

Good luck!

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• The only one who has a "right" to be in the delivery room is the mom. Of course, it's kind of imperative that you';re there....

But NO ONE else has the right to be in the delivery room with you,and you can even instruct the hospital to not let him in.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009