why do i get upset..

when his family always says our LO looks like him( i think she looks more like me) idk why it bugs me just does!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It doesn't really bug me too much but I get the same thing. My son is a little duplicate of me. Sometimes I see his dad in him, but for the most part he's me! I've had complete strangers tell me in the store " I've never seen a kid look more like his mother!" But then we go around DH's family or friends and i hear, "oh just like his daddy!" I think it's kind of funny!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think its natural to want your child to look like you. Sadly my son is all is Dad (except he tans and has my dimples). I secretly want my son to look more like me too!
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 4:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Because you're a human being. You're normal.

I always tell people babies look like THEMSELVES.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I always say it depends on the expression. But it is half his kid so better to look like him than the mailman!! :) *hugs*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• LOL MY DH SAYS DS IS NOT HIS. AS FOR DD THATS LIKE MY DH IN A GIRLS BODY LOL
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I used to get mad about this when my son was younger. Mostly because he looked so much like DH. Now, 15 months later, I see some of me in him (curly hair & eye color) so it's not so upsetting. I remember after the delivery, everyone would say "Oh my gosh, he looks just like your husband!" ... I would say "Yea I know, I carried him for 9 frickin' months and he looks NOTHING like me!" LOL :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Most people say my daughter looks like her daddy. I agree and I say it too all the time. Especially when he's holding her.
    But when people tell me she looks like me I get all excited "really you think so??"
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 7:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2009