Do you celebrate Halloween ?

I love Halloween...or I guess it is more the Autumn time I like.... But I know some people dont celebrate halloween..

We take our kids trick or treating...I spend alot of time on their costumes...I put halloween and fall time decore around the house and outside ( i like decorating for it more then Christmas ) .....

So do you or dont you celebrate it? and... If not, why not ?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 5:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• YES! I love Halloween, its the best time of year (as far as seasons go) and I LOVE using my imagination to dress up, and watch the kids use there imagination to dress up as well!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 5:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yep! I Love the fall too.... All the changing colors and the weather is cooling off ahhhhhh I love it.. Yeah I celebrate Halloween too
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 5:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yes I do . We celebrate the real historical meaning behind it and also do the trick or treating for the kids :)

I decorate too for it I just love the last 3 months of the year LOL

I do have to say tho I decorate ALOT more for christmas then I do halloween .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yes. In a secular and also in a religious sense.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yes! but let me tell you I had no Halloween as a child. My parents were way to religious ( in the cult type of way) and Halloween scared the piss out of me. Basically my Dad made me believe that demons would roam the earth and posses ppl to do things, the kids next door showed up one year and my dad told me if we didn't give them something they'd burn down our house .....and kill my cat LOL its funny now
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 5:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Halloween is my favorite time of the year! And where I'm from, even adults dress up and go trick or treating. And it's not store bought costumes, the things people can do with a mask and things from around their houses is hysterical!! We used to all go in one big group with my family and we all had so much fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• We don't celebrate Halloween. The reason being is we are christians. For people to say because of its historical meaning or religious meaning. What are you talking about. What religion do you belong to. I don't want any part in that. It celebrates nothing more than witches, witch craft and the devil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yup! We even have a party. Part of the reason it's so important to me is that Halloween is the day I came home with my parents who adopted me at six months of age. It's like a second birthday for me! Each and every year, my mother calls to remind me that "this is the day I brought my little witch home!"  LOL!  witch

jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 5:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• kinda! We do the dressing up and take them to the pumpkin patch we give them one big candy! We don't do the house to house trick or treating or the bags of candy!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I love ignorant people. They give me something to laugh at with my friends Anon. It is a spiritual holiday for many including myself it is called Samhain. It celebrates the harvest, gives blessings for the upcoming winter. Honors our dead loved ones. It was a community celebration to come together for one last celebration before the harsh weather comes in. For back then many did not survives. Hence the honoring of the dead. The catholics when converting the Pagans took this holiday and called it All Hollow's Eve. The day before All Saints day, honoring the saints. Servants and the poor went door to door, the wealthy members of society would give them breads and fruit. They carved faces into gourds to keep evil spirits from entering their home. Because is was believed the veil from this world and the after life was the thinnest on this day. We don't believe in the Devil so we can not worship something non existent.

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 5:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009