Do your kids have play clothes ..

My kids have drawers for their play shirts and pants/shorts ...and then I hang up their "going out" clothes...for whenever we go out...

I use their nicer, more expensive clothes for when we go out...but when we are around the house I put on their cheaper clothes...and usually more comfy ( when we go out they usuallywear jeans or button up types of pants...but when we are home i usually put more softer, elastic waist clothes them )

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 5:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My kids and now my grandkids have always had play clothes, school clothes and dress clothes.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I always kept "play clothes" for the kids and did exactly what you do. And I shopped for their play clothes at garage sales. No need wasting good money on clothes meant to be muddied up and torn up.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yep - we have play clothes.
    It never really started off that way - but after my DH ruined a batch of our DS' clothes, lol, we decided to just have them be play/rough house clothes. or clothes for messy dinners that have the potential to stain.
    But now, I do try and find free clothes on Craigslist - or cheap ones at garage sales or whatnot.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My daughter is 15 months old. She definitely has play clothes. She has clothes for around the house and clothes to go out. We went to church and I though well maybe I should put her in something nice since it is church. I was wrong. When I picked her up from the nursery she had lipstick stains on her pants and her white shoes were dirty. Makes me wonder how clean that room is. Lol.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 5:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Our younger boys wear play clothes to school, their cute but they aren't fancy clothes. The school prefers that because they play hard and should be comfortable too. They each have some dress clothes but they don't wear them too often. We play more together as a family then doing fancy formal stuff.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• oh yeah!

one drawer in each of their rooms is play clothes only.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Almost all of my kids wardrobes are "play clothes". The girls have dresses hanging in the closet but they are allowed to play in most of them, too. My son has a few dress shirts but he wears them around the house. We never dress up. We have no reason to. They wear uniforms to school. The rest of their clothes are jeans, cargo pants and t-shirts. I don't buy my kids fancy clothes, only stuff they can play in and never spend more then $10 or $15 on any one item. I shop the clearance racks at Target for everything so if they do ruin them it's not a huge waste of money.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yes because I buy a lot of my girls clothes from boutiques and such and they do not play outside in those.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2009