Taking a deeper look......

For almost two months now, i've been out of a job. In the beginning I must admit I was a little laxed and only submitted my resumes via email or online. After a little motivation I stepped up the anty and started submitting my resumes in person, and going to the career center everyday. My issue is my SO has begun to partanize and be-little me on a daily. After taking a deeper look I realize there are alot of inconsistencys and issues that i need to deal with in my life and personaility, but these things don't happen over night. I swear after an argument I feel like the most worthless, unproductive, un-wanted, unloved scum of the earth. This morning i had plans to try and go the the business center and bo a little business before my kids WIC appt, and I didn't get a chance to do that. So because of it i'm a loser to him. I don't want to be the victim hear my any means but I want a job (continued below)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• more than he can imagine, and I do admit that I get a little discouraged and distracted at times, but it's so degrading to hear day in and out that because you don't work you're worthless. I just don't get it, I can't blossom into change over night...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• "My issue is my SO has begun to partanize and be-little me on a daily...."

He has just been demoted to INsignificant Other.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Sorry, anyone who would do this to you is NOT worth your time.

Keep doing what you;'ve been doing and if you cannot kick the bum out, at least TUNE him out.

There is only ONE person you need pay attention to for the rest of your life, and SHE knows JUST what you're made of. You see her in your mirror every single day...and SHE will tell you that you deserve better than what you've got because you ARE an amazing talented person.

BELIEVE IT.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• at a time like this however, you need SUPPORT from your SO. Not to be knocked down further. Even if you weren't making huge steps in the begining, he shouldn't talk to you like this. And I would hope he's not doing it in front of the kids either.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• "because I'm a loser to him" What is wrong with THAT picture? Ok, I'll tell you if you don't see it. You need to be a winner to yourself. Your self esteem shouldn't be up and down like a roller coaster based on his mood of the day. He says mean things to you to keep you under his control. Let his stupid words roll off your back. Just say "Im sorry you feel that way" and get on with your day. Don't look back and don't take that crap personally. It's stuff his parents probably said to him to demean him and that's how he thinks of himself so he's trying to pawn that bs off on you. DON"T ACCEPT IT. Just laugh at the jerk. Believe in yourself. If you have a hard time of that then we'll believe in you until you believe in yourself.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009