How do I start to potty train my daughter?

eherendeen

Asked by eherendeen at 5:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you buy a special toilet her size and put it in the bathroom and encourage her to use it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Just start by taking her to the potty about every hour, let her wear underwear when you are home and she is awake. Don't pressure her, or punish her for accidents. Make it fun for her. I wouldn't suggest using pull-ups, from my experience they just prolong the whole process. Just be patient with her and she'll get it.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• We bought a small potty that made music whenever my son used it. We didn't pressure him and we would go sit on it right when he got up in the morning, before naptime, after naptime and before bedtime. We would read him a potty book to help encourage him to understand what was going on. The key is patience and that has been really hard for me.
    jlhn21

Answer by jlhn21 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009