Who thinks the recession is almost over or is it a spike in the bumpy road ahead?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm a former banker and holder of 2 related degress and also a small business owner.  The use of the word "recovery" is laughable.

We are still losing jobs, interest rates are going up and credit is tighter, industry is cutting production, consumer confidence is in the toilet.....just to mention a few things...............oh I failed to mention that we will have no chance to recover until our government STOPS THE SPENDING.  The continued borrowing to pay the everyday bills of our country only puts us deeper into the well.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It is a spike.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Nope I don't think is over~~~
    Honestly, I think the worst is yet to come but I do hope that I am wrong...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 5:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think it is the begining of a slow recovery. I do think we are out of the worst unless something big happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• No, it is even close to being over. I think the worst is yet to come also.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 6:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh this is the calm before the storm. I too agree that we have yet to even see the tip of the iceburg with this recession.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• we have yet to even see the tip of the iceburg with this recession. .
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ditto!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think we have a long ways to go to recover. I actually am leaning toward the theory that some of the Stimulus 'actions'may prolong actually the recession, but the recession will correct itself in do time.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think things will get much worse in the next 6-8 months. Wealthy people are going broke right now and the rich are not getting richer as I have heard on here numerous times. Overall wealth of our wealthiest is decreasing. Those evil CEO's and other rich people that pay 80 percent of all taxes have lost money and are generating less money right now so we are collecting less in taxes. Same has happened in all groups but the rich hurt us the most since they do pay most of the taxes. Until they stare making more money and start putting people back to work we are screwed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It's far from over and I agree that it's the calm before the storm. I also agree with anon :39. The rich are getting poorer and if they start having to pay even more in taxes than they already do they will cut back their spending even more. That means even less money going into an already sluggish economy. I don't see how it's going to improve for any one anytime soon.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2009