What are some ideas I can give my 6yr olds teacher to motivate good behavior?

My 1st grader is a good boy at home and he loves school, but he acts silly and has issues with self -control while he's there. He always owns up to his trouble and knows it's wrong, but continues the behavior....we are meeting with his teacher to come up with some ideas to use at school - anyone had any luck with anything?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I didn't have issues when they were younger but when ours was in the 6th grade and acting up I went and sat in his classroom. It only took one time, he was humiliated. We didn't have anymore problems the rest of the yr. I told him if he couldn't straighten up I would be there and he wouldn't know when I was going to show up.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• sounds like he's bored to me....

don't have any ideas sorry - I'll be dealing with my ADHD 6yr old in a few weeks

GOOD LUCK
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am so glad you clarified that! I thought you wanted to motivate the teacher to have better behavior...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• please ask the teacher if she has a behavior chart that she can put daily stickers on. it's a small card that she can tape to his desk and at the end of the week or daily, doesn't matter..up to you, reports of his behavior can be sent home...most teachers send home notes on Friday...good luck..and another idea is a counselor.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 6:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• **OP**
    everyday he must color in the day on the calendar in his folder that comes home - green (great day), blue (ok day), yellow (bad day) ... so he knows we'll know what his day was like. on the real bad days a note comes home also.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Okay first thought -- BOREDOM???
    Is the material too easy and/or too hard?
    What is happening right b/f he acts up? What are the consequences for behaving and for acting up? Is there something positive that happens if he behaves? How close is he to the teacher? Who is around him?
    There are soooooooo many factors.
    Was he the same last year????
    I mean yes, you can set up a contract, you know what he likes etc. but the first step is more to figure out WHY so that you can deal with the source rather than the result.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009