Do you think Michael Jackson's death should have been ruled a homicide?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090824/ap_en_ot/us_michael_jackson_investigation

What responsibility did he have for his own health?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the hippocratic oath has a lot to do with preserving life - (To practice and prescribe to the best of my ability for the good of my patients, and to try to avoid harming them) And I'm not talking about assisted suicide - I'm talking about continuing to prescribe/administer medication that you know (as a doctor) can very easily kill. I just will never be convinced that this doctor practiced medicine for the good of his patient - he did it for money - and his greed killed a man.
    Yes, it should have been ruled a homicide. And yes, regardless of Michael's influence, the doctor should be held accountable. When you put money about human life - you've crossed a line that should always be punishable.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yes it should be
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yup - they made a good call.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• 100% if you ask me he could afford a bundle of Doctors so its not like he was limited to one Doc and didn't know any better

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yes I do
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 6:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Idk... I think the doc holds some responsibility, but at the same time MJ really should have made better decisions about his own health. No one needs all those drugs and there comes a time when you stand up and say "no I'm not doing this any more" and get off all of it. The doctor should have known not to inject him with that much, but MJ should have said no, I need to stop using sedatives.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh sorry, I just posted a question just like this....sorry...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yes
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 6:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think it should be assisted suicide, MJ knew what he was doing to his body and the doctor helped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Wow, that's a hell of a lot of drugs that he had coursing through his system when he died.

I'm not sure where I stand on the subject at this exact second. It seems more like gross medical malpractice to me, but maybe not direct intentional homicide. I dunno, we'll see what happens.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2009