Do you stop someone from flirting with you if you aren't interested?

I've been crushing on someone pretty badly and I haven't been afraid to flirt. He knows exactly how I feel about him. He does tend to get shy when I flirt with him but that's about it. We text each other and I do flirt and he has never told me to stop. If he wasn't interested, he would ask me to stop, right? At least through a text message, I hope!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Men have big egos. They love being flirted with but it doesn't always mean they are interested. Also remember that many men don't take to flirty women for long term relationships bc they think these women will flirt with other men as well. Tone it down some and just be yourself without the blatant flirting. See where that leads you

Answer by admckenzie at 6:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• no, I just flash them my wedding ring.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 6:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• men like the hunt, even if they are shy, they like to do the chasing. if you think he may be interested yet shy, you have to make it seem like his idea to do the flirting. back off a bit, you can be flirty with a cat and mouse game, he needs to feel like the cat
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• IDK, this guy in my office flirts with me and I sometimes flirt back. He's attractive but not my type so I know nothing will ever happen and he has never made a move on me or anything. So it's just like playful flirting with us. Men tend to think different then us about flirting so I don't think any of us can give you a right answer on his point of view!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• women im sure would, but men like that stuff, they can keep you going for ever just so they can get their daily ego boost, even if they arent interested
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Not necessarily. His 'shying away" may be his way of telling you he's not interested. If he knows you are interested and you openly flirt and he doesnt....I would take it as he's not wanting to go there.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• ok well some men like for u to chase them, i would just txt him hi so I know I firt with you alot, if it bothers you just say so.
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 12:51 AM on Aug. 25, 2009