How much did or does your 6 mo old weigh and how long is s/he and what percentile??

My daughter had her 6 mo check up today, she weighs 19 lbs.. 90th percentile

and is 28 1/2 in long.. 100th percentile, it was funny the nurse measured her and then the dr came in and said she is going to re-measure you because that is off the charts.. but it was correct. ha She'll be tall like her mommy

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I like comparing percentiles because it seems like they're always different. What I mean is it seems like I'll often see two moms post the same size for their babies and have different percentiles to go with them.
    At 6 months my son was 16 lbs 2 oz which I was told was the 25th percentile. And he was 27.5 inches which I was told was the 80th percentile.
    At 6 months my daughter was 13 lbs 12 oz which I was told was the 10th percentile. And she was 27.5 inches tall which I was told was the 85th percentile. (although she was definately measured wrong because she shrunk at her next appointment and wasn't that tall again until she was 10 months old. LOL!)

Sorry I'm answering even though my kids aren't 6 months now, but like I said, I find these posts interesting.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I wanted to answer this question only to see where my son stands.
    He is 11 weeks and 15lbs and 25 inches long.
    97th% head
    100+% weight
    100& height
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 6:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• that is funny about the precentiles
    just went to a wic appt the 21st
    my baby will be 6 months on the 27th
    shes 24 inches long = 10th precentile
    16pounds 11 ounces = 75th precentile

Im also wondering if babies original height and weight has anything to do with the precentages?
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 7:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Mine were 20 or 22lbs (depending on which kid) and I'd have to look up their heights. I do know they were consistently above 97th percentile as infants, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My 6 month appt is on Friday. But last week a nurse weighed her and she was 13.4lbs. Dont know about the height for sure. About 25"
    I think shes in the 10th percentile for weight. I have a growth chart on my fridge and it says 10th.

She is so small and keeps dropping percentiles. She was born 8lbs, 75th percentile.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 7:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• when my son was 6 months he weighed 19lbs and was about 28 inches tall too! now he's 9 months and 23lbs and 31 inches tall. off the charts for his height and 50th percentile for his weight. =)
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Bambi, my daughter was the very exact same way. She was 8 lbs at birth and dropped from there, by 9 months she was below the chart. At 1 year she weighed 16 lbs. She is now 21 months and about 20 lbs, still below the chart. She's healthy though and thankfully her pediatrician hasn't made a big deal out if it, just decided it was genetic and her birth weight had more to do with my pregnancy than her genetics.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009