What could be the cause of my unexplained bleeding? (TMI)

Ever since the end of Febuary, I have had 2 periods these each last for a month or more, bright red blood, and passing of quarter sized clots also very severe cramping. I have called my doctor she doesn't seem concerned but this isnt normal for me. I am trying to figure it out. If anyone has any idea i would love it.

aprilmommy2007

Asked by aprilmommy2007 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Health

• It could be that you aren't ovulating and that when your uterus fills up with blood, it has to get rid of it somehow...since you've stored an excessive amount, it may take awhile to empty out and also causes clots. Ovulating triggers the period and when you don't ovulate your body waits until it's full to shed blood.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• you should probably find a new dr. that doesnt sound normal for anyone.
    ColeysMommy2

Answer by ColeysMommy2 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

to quote jademom07

too bad your dr couldnt explain that to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009