What to pack in the hospital bag

What was useless/never left the bag?

What were you SO happy you brought and couldn't have done without?

What did you wish you had?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

BUBaby

Asked by BUBaby at 6:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your own pjs.thats was the best thing, that way u can be comfty after labor. dont for get a brush , and your own pads. the hospital gives u some but they are so huge.
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 7:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• took way to much with my first and just enough with my second. My number one was my robe and a nursing gown and nursing bra. Oh and so big comfy "granny" panties, and i agree with the previous post about the pads.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• PJ, robe, cloth bag of rice to warm up for my back (heat pad), sock with 2 tennis balls in it to roll up my back, socks with grippers on the bottom, radio, focal point (other than dh), clothes to wear home that were still preggo clothes, travel shower toiletries, camera. the most used item was the bag of rice...it held heat a long time, and would conform to my body.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• socks! I was so happy I packed my fuzzy socks for the labor. I am also glad I had my own pj's for after. The kind that button up the front are the best for breast feeding. That was actually DH idea when I had my second! He bought me new button up Pj's for the hospital with the second. I packed fine for me I under packed for the baby the first go around. I was planning on a vaginal birth and only being in the hospital for a day with him. I ended up with an emergency C-sec and My DH had to go home the next day to get him clean clothes.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• With my first I packed everything the books tell you to pack...90% of it never left the bag.
    Last time around and this time as well this is what i packed.
    1) 2 sets of my own pj's
    2) some nice comfy cotton panties
    3) Thin super maxi pads
    4) breast pads
    5) tolitetries (shampoo, depderant, tooth brush and paste, brush, hair stuff etc)
    6) out fit for the baby
    7) going home out fit for me
    8) bag to take all the crap they give you home in.
    9) my computer
    10) my pillow.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh and socks!!
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2009