I need family law questions answered, please.

I want to know what to expect if my husband decides on divorce. I'm a SAHM. We have two kids under 6.

mulan

Asked by mulan at 7:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• You can do the child support calculator for your state. I would not ask for alimony unless your husband makes a substantial amount of money as you will have to claim it with your taxes.I would also think about the amount of debt that would have to be split up and the assets to be split. Anytime you are served with papers it is best to get a lawyer as quickly as possible. You can ask that he have to pay your attorney fees but it is not a sure thing that he will be made to pay them. I would also try to work out a visitation schedule with him that you can both live with. Unless he has a criminal record or has no interest in the children he will get visitation. If you have more questions feel free to ask.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 7:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• You can expect to get a job unless you've been married for a long time to a rich man that will paying a lot of alimony and child support.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2009