Could this have hurt the baby?

My husband and I were having sex with him on top with his arms propping him up above me as to not put pressure on the baby. Well during this adventure a child screamed really loud outside our window, and out of pure shock and surprise from this screech he dropped down full weight on me, mostly all on my protruding belly. He is about 190lbs and I am just about at 31 weeks gestation and our bed is quite firm (so no real give to the mattress). Could this sudden drop of weight have hurt the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Probably just shook the sac a little bit. I don't think it could have harmed the baby since the baby is pretty cushioned. There are pregnant women who fall on their tummies at 9 months and their babies are fine. The baby is pretty well protected. Especially if you haven't had cramps or bleeding, I really wouldn't worry about it. :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 7:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• maybe, do kick counts and call your doctor
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• no i doubt it, it takes ALOT to hurt a baby in there it's in a few sacs keeps em nice and safe in there i wouldnt be worried unless your in pain or bleeding
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• lol i pictured that on my head. if you want call the doc and ask
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009