What would you say to a man that proudly screams he is a right wing terrorist?

GOP Rep Blesses Admitted Right Wing Terrorist at Town Hall
thinkprogress.org — The audience loudly cheered a man who stood up and declared himself to be “a proud right wing terrorist.” “Amen, God bless you,” Herger responded. “There is a great American.”

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 7:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What would I say> Hmmm? How about "Officer, the self-proclaimed terrorist and his sympathizer is right over there"? I must state, I don't for a minute lump all right wing conservatives into the group with the nutcases who make extreme statements and incite violence through their own words. This man made the statement and a political figurehead encouraged this with his "blessing". Both need to be investigated and taken seriously in light of the comments and the obvious agreement by the GOP rep. I didn't go for stuff like this when Bush was in office either and I did not like his administrations brand of leadership. It is fine to disagree, but to align oneself with individuals who actively seek to harm others to make a point is to participate in terror tactics. I never wished harm on Bush and I find it greatly distressing to see how many openly make such statements about Obama.

PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 8:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• eye rollingWell wasnt he labeled that way? Might as well claim it I guess..sweet you know better then this LOL..sheesh

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• So he joins every other right winger since all are labeled as such.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Should be ashamed of himself. The US has suffered enough from terrorism without domestic psychopaths running loose . I hope the FBI has his number as the safest place for him would be locked up.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• LMAO Janet thanks for tha great laugh tonight
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Hmmmm....I would assume he is exercising his right to free speech?! Actually I think he's probably just a left-wing plant, sent to make Republicans/conservatives LOOK bad! Not like it hasn't been done before, ya know! LOL

And if he really is announcing his true beliefs, well, then there is a nice padded cell waiting for him!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think that's kind of a stupid declaration, since our great "War on Terror"--what was he expecting to get out of saying it?
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 7:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Timothy McVeigh was a right-wing terrorist too. So is Eric Rudolph.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• "And if he really is announcing his true beliefs, well, then there is a nice padded cell waiting for him! "

I hope so, Lori!

• I'd tell him he is a complete moron for being proud of that...then I'd run before he shoots me, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2009