Bathing with your young kids???

So the other day I was taking a bath and my 15 month old Daughter was all upset that I was in the bath and she wasn't. I was almost done and told my Husband just to put her in with me and she could play for a bit before bed. Well I stayed in for about 10 min or so and then I got out and got dressed. Well my Bestfriend came over and I was telling her how much she LOVES the bath and wouldn't even let me take one without her. She gave me the weirdest look and didn't say much. So my question is how many of you bathe with your younger children? I have 2 other children who are boys and are 9 and 5 and took baths with them when they were babies but stopped when they turned 2. My Kids just loved me being in there with them and my Daughter thinks it's the funniest thing ever. What do you think?

mommymine3

Asked by mommymine3 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I bathe with my daughter when it's convenient. She loves it, although I think she thinks I'm taking up too much space. lol Anyone who thinks it's weird or creepy is weird and creepy.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i still take a bath with my 15 month old. i dont see a problem with it. i get a lot of crap from people for still showering with him.but it works for me and thats all that matters
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 7:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I bathe with my kids all the time. I have twin boys who are 18 months and don't see anything wrong with it. Now when they get older and start to ask questions then I will stop. But they also shower with Dad and will continue until they feel uncomfortable or want privacy. since they have the same parts I don't see a problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I dont think it's weird, I used to put my son in the bath with me while I took a shower when he was little cause I couldn't just leave him to run the house by himself and Dh was at work. but I think I stopped around 2 when he didnt want to be in there with me any more and DH started working nights and he could watch him.
    charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 7:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I see no problem with this. Kids are kids and there is nothing funny about bathing with them. I take a bath every night with my DS. He is only 4 months and I have done it since he was like 2 months. Its the easiest thing for us. I dont have to hurt my back bending over the tub and when he is done I pass him off to daddy and he gets his bonding time. Drying him off and putting his sleeper on and getting ready for bed. While he is doing that I get my bath time then go to bed with them. I plan to do this untill he wants to stop and wants his privcy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I shower with my 20 month old daughter all the time! She loves it. We'd bathe, but we won't both fit in the tub! DH took a shower with her a couple of times when she could stand up well, but her natural curiosity about his different parts made him uncomfortable. She actually pointed and laughed. LOL The naked body need not always be a sexual body.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 8:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I have a son and bathe him by himself. I don't see anything wrong with it. I haven't done that. But I normally just take showers and he is too young for a shower. I think maybe 2 would be the cut off for me.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Your friend sounds like she is a major prude. Some people are raised like that unfortunately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I bathed with my son once when he was 9 months old. my husband did it once when he was like 5 months old. We only did to see what the big deal was bathing with your kid, bonding? We didn't feel that.. We didnt' take to it. Your friend probably gave you the look for your comment on how your daughter wouldnt' let you take a bath without her. That is weird.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i don't see anything wrong with it either i don't really do it but once every blue moon.
    smiley83

Answer by smiley83 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2009