Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I go about getting full custody of my son.

Ive had a crazy year and my 3 month old son and I live with his father at his parents house, we fight all the time. and he threatens to hurt me all the time... I just want out and I did want joint custody but after all the threats he told me when I said I wasnt happy in the relationship I think full custody is better, not to mention he has a seizure disorder. They cant find out why he has them and they can happen at anytime. he doesnt have a job. I have a job but I dont get enough hours. I just need help. he says his mom is going to try to take him if I go for full custody...

Answer Question

Asked by pixiestixz2626 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • you need to go to a domestic relations lawyer. His mom doesnt really have a good enough reason to take him away from you. Courts usually prefer to keep kids with parents unles those parents just arent doing a good job.
    Their is TONS of help for moms in your situation. even your local sherriff could point you in the right direction.

    Answer by SaturnsMom at 8:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

  • Do you breastfeed? I know some courts side with the mom when an infant is bfing and needs his mom all the time... he'll probably get visitation, but his mom really has no say in your baby.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

  • I dont breast feed anymore unfortunally. I'm just scared because I dont have my own place and I dont have enough money to afford anything on my own right now.

    Answer by pixiestixz2626 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.