how do you tell someone they need to leave?

Without being a total bitch. ive known this girl for 8 years and she said she needed a place to stay because she was moving from houston to austin to go to UT. she came up for 3 weeks..and then LEFT..didnt give us any money for anything. she said she was going to houston to work so she could come up with money.so i was like okay. she came up with like 200 bucks.and none of it has been given to us. we are already super broke.and having an extra person has raised our water.electric[becasue she likes it cold in the house..wtf?!] and food bill. i had to buy groceries on my creditcard last night. and today she was like im going to ask my grandparents for 1000 dollars so i can buy a laptop.i was like wtf? i cant do this anymore. she doesnt have a job..but how can i tell her she needs to LEAVE..without seeming like a complete and utter bitch

loves_her_baby

Asked by loves_her_baby at 8:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Explain to her in practical terms...tell her what you told us...tell her you're broke, can't afford to carry her.. can't afford the groceries or the electricity or any of it...she's the bitch hun, not you...she's taking advantage of you and she knows it. Don't be her doormat.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 8:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• She is the one being a complete utter bitch. I wouldn't feel bad about putting my foot down if I were you. She is a free loader and needs to be confronted.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Say "Bounce bitch!" lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• wait.... i'm confused.... i thought you said she stayed with u for 3 weeks then left? do you mean how to ask her to pay you back for staying with u?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Did she leave and come back ?
    Why did you let her back in?!?!?
    Just tell her straight out...
    "While I understand your dimise...this is not working out. I can not afford to support you any longer. Sorry..but you will have to find other accomodations."
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 9:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yes. she went back to houston to work and said she would come back with money to help out...idk why i let her back i guess im just trying to be a good friend...
    loves_her_baby

Answer by loves_her_baby at 9:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• You're a sweetheart.. but you deserve a good friend too...not a freeloader....the buying a new laptop thing? That would be the straw that broke my back if it were me...she doesn't have any regard for you...she's using you, she'll keep doing it as long as you keep letting her.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 10:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Tell her that she has 2 weeks to get out. She is using you and it is time to stop letting her. If you have to be a bitch to get it done, then that is what you have to do. You sometimes have to be a bitch to get the point across.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i mean..i know the economy is shitty right now...but i know she knew that too. i really think she should have stayed here and looked for a job rather then going back to have fun with her bf.

sigh

i just feel bad.
    loves_her_baby

Answer by loves_her_baby at 11:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2009