what to do with a 6 week old who gets fussy in the evening.

i've tried vacuums, dryer noise, soft music, gas drops, gripe water, warm bath, lavender baths, rocking chair. any other suggestions.

my older son was nothing like this...

aoaks2009

Asked by aoaks2009 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've not tried it, but have you considered infant massage? You might Google how to do it and see if that helps.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 8:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• is he bf or ff?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• put him in a baby wrap or sling...our baby is NO LONGER FUSSY because my DH puts him in the wrap in the evening...it's great bonding time for them it soothes our baby
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 8:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Try swaddling, binkie, holding her on her side, white noise, and rocking in that order. For some reason, the combination seems to calm my squirmie monkey (I mean, son).
    rpggurleli

Answer by rpggurleli at 8:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• put him in his carseat and driive around. my mom told me i was really bad with colic and that was the only way she could get me to calm down and also told me that alot of nights i slept in my carseat bc she was too scared to disturbe me.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Put a recieving blanket in the dryer for a few mins and swaddle them. They do that in the hospital and we did it after we brought her home on those really fussy nights. worked like a charm.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• thanks for the replies. lost of good suggestions. i have tried swaddling him with a velcro swaddler blanket. i havent tried the car yet, or the blanket in the dryer. i will definately try all of these. hopefully we can find one that soothes him. he just seems so un comfortable in the evenings. and i am most def gonna look into infant massage.
    aoaks2009

Answer by aoaks2009 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2009