Does permanent hair dye fade with shampooing?

I got highlights. Hated them. I put my natural color back over it with permanent hair dye from the drugstore not realizing it would wash everything out. The color is better than the highlight color but a little darker than my natural hair. Will it fade soften with ahmpooing? Hopefully.

Karbear

Asked by Karbear at 8:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Yeah, it will fade some...but if it's way too dark for you to deal with, you might wanna go a shade lighter.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 8:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yes. Especially if you just use regular products and not anything fancy that's made for dyed hair.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It can...a volume shampoo could make it go a little faster...but do not expect over night results...even if you are washing it 2-3 times a day. Good Luck
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yes, hair color fills the hair shaft so when you shampoo it eventually depletes the color from the shaft thus fading out the color

Answer by admckenzie at 8:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2009