I need as much info about Gout as anyone can give me!!!

Blood test revealed high level for this condition-only abnormal blood result I recieved. I also have an auto immune condition and fibro and as wondering if anything like these could trigger gout. My nieghbor is a nurse and told me gout is very painful. What exactly is it and what does it affect? Guts? Anything make it better and less of a problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Health

• My brother in law just was diagnosed with gout and was told it does not go away. It is a form of arthritis that is mainly triggered by eating fish and red meat. He was on bed rest for 2 days and was given steroids, anti-biotics and pain killers. When you have a flare up, you are told not to eat seafood of any kind or any red meat. It affects the joints you use alot such as your feet, hands, things like that. She was right it is exceptionally painful, he was having problems walking because he had it in his big toe. Getting up and any kind of weight would make him scream and cuss for about ten minutes. A blanket on his toe was excruciating and dont even think about someone touching it. You'll want to stab them in the eye with a rusty fork. Watch your intake of red meats and seafood but that's all I know about it
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 8:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009