Should your belly button hurt if it starts to pop out while prego ??

I am 32 weeks and my belly button is slowly popping out it's halfway and it HURTS should I be concerned or is it normal ??

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 8:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its normal. Dont worry. Mine did the same thing. I put a nickel on my belly button and a band-aid to hold it down so my belly button wouldnt stretch out...because it does hurt. The nickel & band-aid made it quit hurting and I dont have stretch marks around my belly button now eighter. I tried just the band-aid but it wasnt heavy enough to keep my belly button in...So I put a nickle/quarter under the band-aid. Ahhhh! yes!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Mine got sore because it was rubbing against my clothes. It wasn't used to the friction...after all it was hidden away all the years past.
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 8:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I had such a small belly while pregnant with my son that when my belly button started to stretch, it was excruciating to say the least. The dr told me i was fine and it was nothing to worry about but I would talk to your OB just in case. Its always good to have a doctors opinion.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 8:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yes, your belly button is popping out bc it is a hernia (an umbilical hernia). but it is ok as long as you can push it back in. i just wrote a question about this lol bc mine hurts sooo much, but my hole is very big now :(
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009