Anyone else going to school, working and being a mama?

I had my first day today and I am going for surgical tech. Anyone work as a surgical tech and if you do do you like it?

Also, how do you balance work school and motherhood?
I am going to school MWF and working T&Th &Sat

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• wow how do you find time to study? i go to school but not working. i tried working and school but that didn't work. but i keep a strict schedule. i keep an organization binder.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Been there done that I graduated with my Bachelor's Degree with honors in May! I start my Master's next year! Good Luck!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I start tomorrow with online classes for an Assoc. in Science. Not too sure how this is all going to work with the kids. I would be interested in hearing how others do it. So far I have been told to keep everything on a schedule (which I am very bad at).
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 9:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am very anal with my organization so I hope that is the key. I don't know how I will find the time...lol. I've been on the computer all night and today was my first day of school!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm a Junior at a university, work and have a 3 year old. My husband also works and is a senior. It's definitely a balancing act. And working together with a schedule helps.

I have plenty of time to study, we dont' have cable, so night time is study time. It can be done.

coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 9:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Kudos to all of you who are trying to do all three! I am a homeschooling stay at home mom. Keeping my son's studies organized is hard enough. I worked full , took care of the family and volunteered at the school. Yet, I can't imagine having to study on top of that. Good for you! I wish you only the best.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 9:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I did. I had a 6 year old son and a 4 year old son. I was a first year teacher and going to graduate school 50 miles from my house. I saw my children in the morning before school during the week. My husband took care of them at night. It took a lot of cooperation on both of our parts. I went back to graduate school when my 3rd son was 11 (the other 2 had moved out). It was much easier the 2nd time. It just takes organization, cooperation, making choices of when to study, and scheduing. You will actually find there is enough time to do everything and do it well. I never studied during the day on the weekends while the kids were up. I hadn't seen them all week, so that we our time to do some catching up. I studied when they were asleep.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I work parttime, go to school half time (9-12 credits), and take my son to sports, school functions, pracitce, etc . I am a single mom and I just make it work. If it wasn't for my exbf/best friend, I would not be able to do it. He helps by taking my son every other weekend and 2 nights a week so I can go to school and do homework. He also helps by taking my son to baseball on Wednesdays because I have class on Wed and Thur nights. It is really important to have a support system in place and organize your time as much as possible. Don't be afraid to ask for or accept help, you will needed it. BYW, my exbf is NOT my son's father, we have nothing to do with my son's father.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am in school but I do all my classes at home. I also have 4 home based businesses, my own website and I'm working on a book series... Plus the kids, house, hubby, laundry and everything else. All I can tell you is make a schedule and force yourself and your family to stick to it... It's just a short while but it will be well worth it in the end!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I did it for 6 years. I worked full time and am a mom of 4 children. I went to school full time at night and on Saturdays for my Bachelors degree(graduated with Honors). For my Masters degree I was able to do it online because I already work in the field that I was getting my Masters in. With my Masters I graduated with a 4.0 GPA. It is all about determination. My husband also went to college for a couple years while I was going. Now he is working full time and is finishing up his senior year of his Bachelors degree, then he will be going on to graduate school. Once he is done with graduate school I will start a doctorate program.

FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 11:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2009