Obama launching criminal investigation on CIA interrogators?

After the 9/11 tragedy, some CIA agents had to interrogate the terrorist attackers and are now being investigated by Obama's administration.

Even though these interrogators only made THREATS, investigators say they yielded critical information to prevent future attacks on Americans and also one of the US Embassy in Pakistan. Reports from an investigation 5 years ago, led to updated their field manual and to the arrest of only ONE CIA employee.

Why re-open this issue? These CIA agents protected our country after such a horrific event like 9/11 and we're going to further scrutinize what they did because these terrorists were THREATENED? hello, Obama!!?? Always fighting for the other side...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090824/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_cia_interrogations

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Funny how when the heat is on he and his minions revert to the old standard of old business. Especially when he is trying to push really hard for something HUGE with little chatter about reconciliation.

Anyhow, from reports I have read and seen, as long as they didn't use a drill on these guys (I don't give a sh*t if they put it next to his ear) and the mock executions are actually mock and not real, I have no problem with it. Sorry. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I wish they would just focus on getting our economy back on its feet first. Geebus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Most of the American people don't want this. There will be repurcussions because of it, least of which will be a sense of empowerment with terrorists, thanks to Obama.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Let them. These are individuals being investigated, NOT a previous administration or the actions directed by a group. Individuals. The Bush admin prosecuted one individual in 2005, I believe. If they really think this needs to be a focus, then the Obama admin is NOT moving forward and does NOT have it's priorities straight. jmo

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• They are sending a dangerous message. This will paint the American people as weak. I guarantee the terrorist would investigate an interrogator for making threats. They would investigate them for ONLY making threats and following through. Can BO and his administration make us look more ridiculous?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well the administration's not staffed half the country's in an uproar, his poll numbers are dropping by the day, deflect, deflect, deflect!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• What  "critical" information did these brutal interrogations yield? NONE.

I'm not entirely sure if I would go after the agents who were just following orders. I would definitely go after the guys who handed them those orders though. However, then the Republicans would say we were just playing partisan politics and launching an inquisition.

Innocent people were tortured, some died. SOMEONE should have to answer for that.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 9:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• lovinangels his poll numbers aren't dropping by the day. Support for health care, and support of the administration are to different issues. Oh and they have ALWAYS said THIS issue would be under review.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 9:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• They have to get the CIA out of the way. Obama's new "Interrogation Czar" will be taking over. They will answer to the White House of course. I wonder just which "terrorists" they will be interrogating. It is very disturbing.

A link to the new czar info.  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/24/obama-administration-sets-new-interrogation-unit/

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I hope these investigations turn on those truly responsible. I hope for the sake of our humanity that the rest of you realize the wrong that is really happening.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 9:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009