What would you do??

I went to my doctors appointment today and he keeps pushing the tubal thing on me because i have had to have 2 emergency c-sections in the past. He wants to do a third c-section due to having the two before, so he keeps pushing the tubald thing.

I dont want to get one since i wan more baby, so would you keep the same doctor or get someone else. besides the whole tubal thing he is a very good doctor and always has time for my questions and i really like him.

so what would you do? use the same doctor for the rest of this pregnancy and then get a different if i have one more, or leave this doctor now??

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 9:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He can't do a C-section without your consent. You should try to firmly tell him that you are not interested in doing a C section. Did you have any complications with either of your prior C secs? If you did, he is probably worried about the possible strain on your uterus and abdomen from pushing during a vaginal birth. I just don't understand why soo many doctors find the smallest reasons to "necessitate" a C-sec. If you have no complications, and your doctor doesn't respect you enough to honor your wishes for a vaginal birth, then I think it is time for you to try to find a new doctor. Trying to find a doctor who will do a V-BAC is really hard, but do some research. Call your local hospital's maternity dept and ask for doula references. Doulas will know which doctors are pro-VBAC. If you can't get a list of doulas and their numbers, you can always ask around. Good luck :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Eye contact, firmly say: "I am not interested in that. Thank you for offering it. No thank you, though."
    If it doesn't work then maybe this doctor is not a great match for you... ? Your call. But maybe consider getting some recommendations from friends, just in case. ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well I would sit down and have a conversation with him about why he wants you to have a tubal and weigh the pros and cons with him. He may very well have some valid reasons why he's suggesting it so strongly. Listen to him and then if you don't like what he has to say, keep him for the rest of this pregnancy and then find another doc.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 9:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• he very could be looking out for your best interests. ask him what his reasons for recommending the tubal are. it might be for your health. I know my mom was recommended to have one after my older brother and chose not to, then when she was having the c-section with me we both almost died. not saying this would happen to you, but just ask to see why your doc is recommending it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• How many children you want is completely up to you and your partner. Don't let anybody try to talk you in or out of a tubal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I made it very clear with my doctor and his nurse that I did not want to discuss birth control options with them. I also had a note put in my chart stating my choice. As for changing doctors, follow your instincts!
    tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 25, 2009