Entering my third trimester....... what should I be expecting?

what changes should I expect with the third trimester? With my baby and me? Good and bad.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 9:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It does depend a lot on you and your body. With my first pregnancy, I was sick, I never had morning sickness in my first trimester with him, but I did toward the end. This time around I am not sick. You will probably find that it's not as easy to get around. Getting up off the couch or rolling over in bed has become a chore for me (I am almost 8 1/2 months now). Your baby is going to be pretty developed by this point, but he or she will be getting bigger very fast, at about a half pound per week! Even though the baby is growing so quickly, I personally have not seen a huge increase in my appetite, probably because my stomach is smooshed by baby, lol. You will probably find yourself going into this exhausted overdrive, where you are tired and worn out,but at the same time you want to get everything done NOW! It's going to be a great trimester though, try to enjoy it, you will have a baby in your arms before you know it!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Probably feeling heavier, slower, more tired and clumsy. You'll probably have to pee more often, need more water, have more noticeable braxton hicks, nesting, constipation/diarrhea...

You'll also start to see baby moving in dramatic waves/kicks through your tummy.  :-)   That is pretty cool.

You can start your Birth Plan and find a birth and/or postpartum doula, if interested.   Baby shower/blessing, working on getting things set up and ready for the babe.   :-D

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• varies a lot. some women get just exhausted and some feel really good. i felt pretty good most of the time. it's definitely the most exciting trimester!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Having to take a break half way up a flight of stairs.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Everyone is different.

I've recently developed a lot of hip aches because the pelvis spreads and also occasionaly very sharp pains in the hip area if I sit in the wrong chair, or overdo walking, or just move too quickly. What really helps though is concentrating on NOT waddling. It really makes a differnce when you try to walk normally rather than plodding like a duck. Otherwise it puts a lot of needless strain on the hips.

Vaginal and cervical twinges..sometimes from baby's movments if it is low in the pelvis. These don't necessarily hurt, but they do feel weird and may make you have to pee or have the sensation of needing to pee.

More swelling in ankles and hands especially if it is hot.

I've got a long torso so I don't have problems with heartburn or lung capacity now that the baby has settled lower, though I do get tired far more easily.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009