How many baby showers is too many?

Do you think it's okay to have 2-3 showers per child? So, if a woman has three children, should would have had around 9 baby showers???

Maximummy

Asked by Maximummy at 9:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 1 shower only per child is acceptable.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• When my oldest was due I had two baby showers one was thrown by my church, the other was from family. I guess it really depends on the amount of people you know or groups you're associated with. It is def. not kosher to invite anyone to more than shower per child though.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think 2 is enough. It is kinda selfish otherwise. I mean come on, really? 9 showers?!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 9:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I have 3 children and I've never had a baby shower. It kind of bothers me, like I missed out on something fun, but on a happy note I got out of all those stupid baby shower games!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I have 2 kids and only had 1 babyshower
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I dont think there should be showers for new children unless they're spaced really far apart or their different sexes. The only reason I am having two showers is because my family and DH family don't live any where near eachother and my MIL wants to have one for her family.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Usually unless there's a huge age gap you only get showers with your first one. I was a littl upset because everyone went all out for my oldest and our families both did showers. In between, I have cousins who had kids 3yrs apart and got showers for each kid. Now, mine are almost exactly 4yrs apart and nobody's done ANYTHING! I wouldn't care, but I not only went all out on buying gifts for those 2nd showers and helping plan them, but I also gave them brand new hand me downs and when I asked for some clothes and hand me downs nobody pitched in at all. I'm never going out like that for people again.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I had two showers with my dd, but one was family and the other was a suprise shower at work. I think 3 per kid is pushing it.
    reava

Answer by reava at 10:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think one shower is enough and only for the first child, unless like other posters said..the children are spaced very far apart, like my aunt had her first son and then twins 2 years later and only had a baby shower with her first and then she ended up pregnant 18 years later with a girl...so of course she had a shower. I have had 2 showers already (this is my first) and another coming up...this was not my choice and I asked that the other 2 showers be combined with the first but we have a little war going on between my mom's side and my dad's side and my boyfriends side so no one would suck it up and have one big shower. It's very irritating. I was burnt out after my first shower and now it's so bad that I'm actually dreading the next shower.
    javila

Answer by javila at 10:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I didn't get one with my first, but my friend hosted one for my second, nothing for the third. My first was adopted so I think that is why people got weird! I really didn't need a thing for my third--it was another boy and I already had tons of stuff in great condition. Jeez, I didn't even get a bridal shower.

I do know women who have had over 3 kids who have at least 3-4 showers PER CHILD. Every child means all knew stuff--crib, stroller, clothes, etc. It just seems wasteful, weird and greedy to me, especially when the mother is hosting all these showers herself.
    Maximummy

Answer by Maximummy at 11:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2009