im 36 weeks pregnant and 2 cm diolated....

what could be wrong with the baby if i have her now the pregnancy has gone good i think i been 2 the hospital cause contractions 1 time and i been having this feeling of hard pressure in that area and it gets worse after sex. and i been smoking cigs threw the pregnancy (yea i know dont lecturer me bout it)

sariahsmommy1

Asked by sariahsmommy1 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my understanding is that the baby can have serious problems if born at 36 weeks. between 36 to 37 weeks, the baby's lungs develop a lot. everyday your baby stays in your belly will help! have you talked to your midwife/doctor about this? it could also be that your due date was calculated incorrectly, which could mean that you are 35 weeks, or you could be 37 weeks. i hope your baby stays in there at least one more week! good luck! if it were me i would not have sex because sex can bring on labor .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I agree w/the above poster, there is a lot going on. There is an important reason baby is still inside, just like baby was at 31 weeks... Not ready to come out yet.
    Is this your first baby?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yes i told the doc about the prussere he said for me to take it easy and if i do go into labor they wont stop it and told me some of what could be wrong with her but it was all short term things nothing long term
    sariahsmommy1

Answer by sariahsmommy1 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• no 2nd baby and the first one there was no sign that she was ever going to come out i never had contractions with her till the night i had her never felt pressure like this eather
    sariahsmommy1

Answer by sariahsmommy1 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• well i think there is a good chance that you will make it another week. i hope so! lots of women have this early labor stuff for over a week. but that's good that the dr says all will be ok!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Im 35 weeks an im dilated 2cm i also dont have a mucus plug anymore! If ur baby was born now she might have breathing problems but might not! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2009