i think my son likes my neighbor more than he likes me :(

my son is 2 1/2. we go outside every evening to hang out with my neighbor and let our sons play together. every time we go, he would rather follow her around (if she goes in her house, he has to follow her) and he seems to want her attention more than mine. is it possible for him to like her more than he likes me? my feelings are a little hurt because im his mommy! am i just being sensitive or do you think he really likes her more? please no rude replys-this is a serious question and i would really appreciate some guidance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, there's no way he loves her more than you! You're his mama! He's human . ..; it's nice to see new faces and new places! That's all it is . . . don't worry!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• He's just exploring new areas. He likes her and that's it. You are his mommy and he loves you more than anybody else right now. I know how you feel because I have a 3 yr old who it seems like he likes some of our friends more than me. But if something scares him or if he gets hurt he comes running to me. Don't worry about it he's just being a little kid and exploring his surroundings.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It is so hard to share a son's affection isn't it? I kind of felt that way with my son's 3rd grade teacher. Yet, I realized that he needs all the friends and love he can get in this world.

I agree with the above, he doesn't love her more. It is just a new adventure everytime he is over there and she is his guide. You are his mama, you hold the biggest part of his heart.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 9:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I used to feel that way about my hubby and I, she will follow him, wants him for everything. It was really starting to hurt me. So I finally figured out that is was because he was like a new toy, and it had nothing to do with me or how she feels about me. She wanted to see how he did things, she knows how I do things. And he told me when I am not there and it is just him she wants me and asks when, were and what about me. I hope that helps you, he loves you
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• He just has a friend. It is a complement to her and shows that he has some independence. He goes home with you though. Just wait until he drives off in that car with a "Just Married" sign on the back. Talk about feeling like he likes someone more than you!!!! You get use to it and my married son came home to his parents when the marriage became a divorce. He needed to get back to where it felt secure and safe. They may go (even at 2 1/2) but they always know where home is.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• He is just curious. You are the one he loves. It is new territory to explore when he follows her, that's all.

Answer by Bmat at 10:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Awww. don't feel bad, my son is 10 and he likes everyone else more then me! But if you ask him who he loves most in the whole world, you better believe it's me!
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009