Are there any home remedies for a staph infection?

So I had a staph infection about a month ago. I was put on antibiotics which I ended having a really bad allergic reaction too. Well the infection cleared up. Now it's back. Is there any type of home remedies to get it to go away? I really don't want to go back to the DR. especially with what happened last time ,but if I have to I have to!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Health

• A staph infection is a nasty thing that you really shouldn't try to mess with yourself. If it has flared back up you really should have your doctor look at it again and tell him how bad of a reaction to the antibiotics you had before and how aprehensive you were about coming in again. Any good doctor will help calm your fears not add to them and most certainly find something that you will not be allergic to.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 9:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• No there is nothing you can do at home. Trust me on this one my son used to get them quite often. You have to go to the doctore to get an antibotic. Just make sure that you tell the doctor that you had an allergic reaction to the last one that you had and they'll try a diffrent one.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yeah, I had staph infection when I was 10 and it was so bad I had to go to the dr so they could drain it. It's horrible. I still have it as a dormant thing in my body so if i get a horrible infection again I have to watch it or I could end up in the ER again. BUT! I think if I remember right my mom was told by my dr, back then, to soak it in Epsom salt. But I would definitely ask a nurse over the phone if thats ok first. Things could've changed over a span of 12 years for that!!
    mandi_m

Answer by mandi_m at 9:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I figured I would have to end up going back to the DR. It doesn't hurt to ask though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Goldenseal Root~! It's the BOMB...they refer to it as "the russian antibiotic' I use it for everything...infections, oncoming colds, flu...hell I used it on my cat when he stopped eating, drinking, he was really sick... it fixed him right up~! It's the best...I'm tellin ya...just say no to drugs...I used prescription antibiotics too, until I discovered the goldenseal...not the leaves..the roots...
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 10:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• New England JHournal of Medicine Study reported June of 2005. Goldenseal masks staph infections to a degree patients believe they are cured only to have the infection return worse than ever and in 33% of cases returning as MRSA. (Methicillian Resistant Staph Aureous)

Do NOT take herbals while on antibiotics. Please see your Dr soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• No, you need medical treatment and a staph infection is nothing to fool around with. Peopel die from staph infections. I also was told to NOT take herbals while on antibiotics and some other meds because they react poorly.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Medical Dr's. will ALWAYS try to deter you from using herbs...they're brainwashed into believing drugs are the only answer...and the rest of us sheep just follow along blindly. God gave us minds of our own for a reason. Drugs have a very toxic effect on our liver and kidneys...hence, your allergic reaction. You already know the drugs didn't work for you, listen to your body...google search 'using goldenseal root to heal staph infections' There is plenty of evidence to dispute The New England Journal Of Medicine's bs..(2005? that was 4 yrs. ago.. there's been oodles of research since)..... research it for yourself. Just say no to drugs~!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 9:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009