Newborn clothes or 0-3 months when baby is first born?

What should I buy the most of newborn or 0-3. I heard if your baby is small it is dangerous to put clothes on a newborn that are too big, but I then again I dont want to buy a lot of newborn clothes and she not be in them but a week or two..What should I purchase?

ivntee07

Asked by ivntee07 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 0-3. It's a safer bet that the baby will fit them and they'll be worn longer. They might be a bit big but they grow so quick. Once the baby is born, if they are smaller, you can also buy a couple newborn outfits. They are so cute.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Definitely newborn. I did the mistake too and bought just 0-3 months, the day after we brought our daughter home I send my hubby to buy a few outfits in newborn size!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 9:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I suggest some newborn and some 0-3 mos. You never know what you will need or how fast she will grow. I always used onsies in different colors and then wrapped then in blankets when they were little, so that i didn't have to have tons of outfits. It's too hot now for much else anyway.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 9:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My daughter was 8lbs 11oz and she was only in newborn for about 2 maybe 3 weeks. I thought that the 0-3 months did us the most good at first.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• my DD was 8'9 and wore a few premie even at first! but wore newborn for about 2 months then 0-3 and is 9 months and wears like 6 month
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I bought all newborn for my 1st daughter and that ended up being too small-she was in preemie for about a month but she wasn't a "preemie"-just really small. I'd go with newborn, my 2nd 10 lb daughter even fit in a few newborn outfits.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My first was also over 8lbs and born in August. We learned very quickly that they live in diapers and onsies the first few weeks anyways. During the winter I loved the gowns. (They have them for boys too) But, soo much easier access and they're soo snuggley. They work from newborn to 6 months, so size isn't an issue. We also swaddled most of the time, so a better inveestment instead of a bunch of clothes is linen blankets. If you do buy newborn clothes, save the tags and reciepts.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i purchase 3-6 month clothing and bigger clothing for my daughter when she was born. she had long nails when she was born and i do not wanted her to scratch her self with long nail
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My son is almost 4 weeks old and weighed 9lbs 9oz and he wears a mixture of newborn and 0-3 months it all just depends on the brand.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well I only had afew newborn things, because everyone said not to bother.
    But I wish I had gotten afew more because it was so cute putting clothes on her that were snug and actually fit! She was 8lbs.
    She has been growing so slow. She is only 13.4lbs now and she is 6 months old!
    She wore 0-3 onesies up till afew weeks ago. She still wears mostly 0-3 pants because she is so thin.
    And actually because she is so skinny and tall, she has afew pairs of Carters pants that are newborn. But she wears them as shorts
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009