What would you think if you found out your childs teacher is 80 years old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• As long as she knows what she is doing and my son is receiving the appropriate education I don't care how old his teacher is.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• more power to em.. my keyboarding teacher was in late 70's and a great teacher.. im not age discriminate
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• IDK, it depends on how they act. That's a large age gap. It also depends on the age of the children. With older kids they aren't soo needy, but kindergarten ages are a lot of work and it takes a lot to keep a whole class room organized. Besides that rules and regulations have changed soo much throughout the years.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'd think how awesome to be 80 and still be able to keep up and work. I hope I'm in that good of health when I'm that age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Middle or High school.. I say go for it!! But at this age? No way!!! I had a teacher in High school and I think he was 68 and he kept up with the best of them. He just retired a year or two ago.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My sons kindergartern teacher was 78..and she remained his favorite teacher until his senior year. She was kind, and loving and patient. She had no problems keeping up with them. I think a lot of the kids looked at her as a grandma figure. My son invited her to his college graduation. She came with a son of hers..but was under her own power.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• 80 years old?? hell i'ld be happy if my son likes her.
    cause one] she's been teaching for a hell of a long time
    two] she's been through it all
    and three] kids will look up to her. because of a grandma figure type thing.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 10:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well she must love her job a whole lot or else her retirement isnt good enough so its either good or bad. Honestly with the economy being crappy theres a good possibility that she may have had retirement investments that have fallen under and now cant
    OR she may be like my grandpa who is still working who just never could see the point in just sitting at home doing nothing.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 10:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• idk....that why i didnt vote for mcain.....tooo old! should be fine! especially if you have a 5-8 year old. if anything she will have good old fashion values to instill!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I would think my child was lucky to have someone so experienced in life as a teacher.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2009