Who is the REAL satan?

Yahweh or Lucifer? Certainly Lucifer behaves in a quieter more rational manner in the bible. Yahweh seems to be the one with the temper. The one who wipes out men, women, children, and infants on a less than calm whim. I haven't read the bible in a while but I don't remember any clear instances of Lucifer committing mass genocide. Yahweh forbade Adam and Eve from eating of the forbidden fruit and lied when he told them they would die the same day if they disobeyed. He wanted to keep them stupid and obedient. Satan was the one who wanted them to have the knowlege of good and evil and actually told the truth when he said they wouldn't die. It seems like, the one we should consider evil, the one we should be terrified of, is Yahweh. God. Not Satan. Any opinions?

witchqueen

Asked by witchqueen at 9:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• metalcowgirl34 stvmen.....where in the bible does it say that Satan kills (or does any of those other things)? and you're still beating around the bush on the subject of God PHYSICALLY killing people and/or KNOWINGLY allowing it....

God killed millions of people, then "inspired" a book about how he was right in doing it. The difference? People believe the biased book for some strange reason and think that genocide was ok in THAT book.

Everything you said that is spot-on, Becky (sorry I edited you for space.) Satan's "evil" is all hearsay, conjecture, and circumstantial "evidence"...god's evil is fully documented, bragged about, and justified in every contorted way possible. If a real criminal with god's record were released, there would be outrage. If a real person was arrested on satan's charges with that little actual evidence, it would be a travesty of justice.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 7:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Us humans!! that's why we've created God in our image, because within us is where good/bad originates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• heaven and hell are all the same place!!!!
    Anonymous

• I see your point. Understand that GOD means many things to many ppl. Yahweh, is very questionable. And if more ppl actually took time to compare the simularities of "satan"and the Egyptian God(des) or even jesus and the Egyptian God then it would really open some eyes.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• fyi: Yahweh is the hebrew name for "GOD" AKA "YHVH"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I've thought the same thing...

What better way to control than to lie?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I have actually never thought of it that way. Hmmm, something to think about.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I feel sorry for you witchqueen. I honestly do pray for you that at some point the hatred and bitterness you have will go away. You at every point and opportunity will bash a Christian post, call the God that we love names etc. You give witches, atheists, and pagans a bad name. I know not all witches, atheists and pagans are like you but there are others on here who will assume they are based on your mean, hateful, and unnecessary comments. I realize that u must be miserable although u will not admit it because ppl only hurt ppl the way u do when they themselves are hurting. It's obvious at some point a religious person or a religion (not God or Jesus) but a religion and there is a difference hurt you and now u have made it ur point it seems to bash and hurt Christians and our beliefs and feelings about our God and Savior at every point. Although ur not asking for it I forgive u for the mean things us said & pray for u.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• No satan lied when he told them they wouldn't die, because in the day they ate the fruit, they were made mortal - and they did die in that "day" remember the bible says a day is a 1,000 years to the lord - they certainly died within a thousand years.

I think the best, and easiest to understand, description of the fruit incident is actually given by C.S. Lewis in the Narnia story "The Magician's Nephew." You should read it it's a short and easy, fun read (because it's also a fairy tale). I love how it describes when the fruit is good and when it is bad - A great difference between taking it and receiving it as a gift on Aslan's time.

As far as God taking lives - I will leave it at this - He knows exactly when it's a person's time to go (when they have finished their own mortal mission) and we don't..and besides, it is He who is providing the resurrection of all the dead. Death is just a temporary state, thanks to Him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Anonymous... I think the response you gave was not a wise one. As a Christian we can tell the truth in love without tearing a person down. There are a lot of negatives in the post you just posted. I for one as a Christian who LOVES the Lord could not with a clear conscious respond the way you just did. That does not in any way shape or form draw a person closer to Christ but pushes them further away. It is responses like yours that causes unbelievers & backsliders to not have anything to do with God.
    Witchqueen, I truly believe you already know the answer to this question. I believe you know the difference between God & Satan. Even Satan himself acknowledges who God is. They fear His name & tremble and know He is Lord. God loves people & Satan does not. God gives grace, Satan would rather destroy a life than to restore it. In order to understand who God is you need to also understand His Grace & the power of the Cross.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009