How long were you in labor after induced?

Going in on Wed to be induced for the second time. With my first, I was dilated a lot more when I was induced and had her within a couple hours after my water being broken. I only had real pain for about 30 min or less.

I know that every pregnancy is different and I'm not nervous at all because it's going to happen either way LOL I just want to get it over with.

So, after you were induced how long was it until you actually had your baby?

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induce at noon and had my son at 3:47 am. so almost 16 hours
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• OMG that would suck!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My cousin was induced and ended up being in labor for 27 hours and then they finally did a c-section. :/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My last 2 were induced and I had them within a couple of hours...I've heard of these horror stories about being induced and still being in labor for 24 hours or whatever but that never happened with me..all of mine seemed to come pretty fast though...I wasn't induced with my first daughter but by the time I got to the hospital I was already dialated to a 6 and had her a few hours later...they say the more you have the faster they come...I don't know if it's true for everyone but it was for me...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i was induce with 2 of my kids and i was in labor for 2.5 hours with one and about4 with the other. not that bad. but good luck
    adoradamia

Answer by adoradamia at 10:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• WITH MY LAST BABY I WAS INDUCED AT 9 AM AND HAD HIM AT 2:14 PM.
    WITH THIS BABY I WAS INDUCED ON THE 13TH AND IT FAILED. I WAS ON PITOCIN FOR OVER 18 HOURS AND THEN SENT HOME,SO I GO BACK TOMARROW FOR A RETRY WHICH WE ARE ALL SURE WILL WORK THIS TIME...
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• OMG! I am not leaving that hospital once I'm there! I will sit in the waiting room if I have to! The only thing that makes me nervous is that the last one I was at 3cm and this one I've been at barely 1cm for over 2 wks now and even with all sorts of pain, nothing's changing with my body. She's just huge!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• About 8hrs
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• 23 hours and about and hour of pushing, i will never get induced again it was horrible. when i has my second son i went in at a three and they just broke my water and that got labor going and it was only eight hours start to finish!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 10:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• 44 minutes after induction, my last child was born

Answer by admckenzie at 10:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2009