best pregnancy test

I have not missed my period yet but last week passed out so I took a prenancy test an the reading was odd instead of a plus it looked like an upside down "t" I would only be like 3 weeks pregnant is there any test I can take and get a good reading.

I passed out when i first was pregnant with my first child that is how I found out I was pregnant. incase anyone was wondering:-)

ladyluck09

Asked by ladyluck09 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did the digital one that actually says "pregnant" and "not pregnant" ....I had already done the cheaper ones and pretty much knew I was but when I did that one it said "PREGNANT"
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• If you got an upside down "T" it sounds like you are pregnant, especially if you are only about 3 weeks along, your hormone levels wouldn't be very high, therefore giving you the weird symbol but that's what happened with my first test and then i tested a week later and got a light positive. I would suggest first response, they came up positive very early for me.
    javila

Answer by javila at 10:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Both times I was pregnant, I tried expensive tests like EPT & they came out negative. I got my first positive both times with the pregnancy tests from the dollar store. I was also about 3 weeks. They're awesome and only $1.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Clearblue Easy. You can't misread it. It's pricey but worth it for it's purpose.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• To anon :18: My friends and I were curious if dollar store tests worked when we were in high school...so we all took three tests (two friends were pregnant at the time, two of them were males, then there was the 6 of us that were females and not pregnant). One of the pregnant girls got three negative tests. The other pregnant girl got one negative, two positive. One of the guys got a positive. And then 4 out of the other 6 of us also got at least one positive (one of them got two). So we came to the conclusion that no, they are not the most accurate tests. Just saying. They may have advanced in the past 5 years, but back then they gave us all odd results so I wont trust them. To the OP: I suggest digital so it says either "pregnant" or "not pregnant".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• LOL anon 7:35 I was thinking the same thing because I had a friend that was 8months pregnant take a few of those 99cent store tests & all of them said she WASN'T pregnant but one of them told me I was when I wasnt! I also don't trust them because of that. I was gonna say though, I used the generic walmart brand of first response a week before my period & got a positive (actually, I got THREE positives but thats because I kept taking them to make sure LOL). I've seen a few that are suppose to have a "+" but end up looking like a "t" or similar. I'm guessing you're probably pregnant! Congrats!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• The EPT tests! All the others were negative for me but the EPT told me I was for sure pregnant! I found out at 4 weeks
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2009