Why am I the only one he isn't afraid to say no to?

Between his brother, mother, co-workers and sometimes random strangers I am the only person he seems to be ok with displeasing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• He's comfortable with you! He knows (maybe) you don't stand up for yourself and he's taking advantage of that
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 10:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Been there. Don't know him so I can't be too specific but in my case, he cared less about how I felt. He knew I'd always be there so he took me for granted and I got a lot less respect than everyone else did. Everyone else's opinions, feelings, and thoughts mean way more than mine. Ever flat out just ask why or let him know how this affects you?
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• your not the only one =( i feel your pain
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yup, it's a comfort thing. It's not because he means to, it just happens. Like when you grow up with a sibling. Mine's an only child and I'm from a big family, so that's how I look at it when he's being selfish or taking things out on me. I do call him out on it and set him straight, but I seem to be a little more forgiving about his attitude problems. And after 7yrs he's learned that if he makes plans without checking with me, he'll be canceling them because I come first. Men don't think. You have to sit him down and make him think about his actions. It helps more than just complaining to him.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• right there with ya
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 2:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2009