PLEASE HELP!!!Does anyone know anything about Trichomoniasis ( also known as "Trick")?

I had a pap smear about a week and a half ago and was diagnosed with this today... I am devastated. I had a baby 3 months ago and did NOT have this. I spoke with my husband and I TRUELY believe that he did not go a stray. I know this sounds stupid, but you don't know my husband. My Dr. said you can only get it from sex... I researched it and every website says something different! Where does it originate? Can it live on objects and for how long? What about a toliet seat? Some sites said towels, but how? did someone who had it hav to use the towel first? Or can it grow from nowhere? I did recently buy an adult toy online... Could I hav got it from not getting it clean enough? Or could someone one else hav used it and then I got it. Would it survive that long? (in the mail) I'm sorry for so many questions, but I am clueless and I don't know what facts to believe. And the thought of all of this is making me sick. Thank You.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Health

• I think I would ask for another Pap smear to be done. Sometimes they do mix up results at the lab.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Have your pap reran. I think this STD can be caught from things other than sex. I am not 100% certain, so I would check with the health department, they are a really good source for STD's, testing, treatment and information. I hope all works out well for you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It is an STD

Answer by rkoloms at 10:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I found this: Unlike most STDs, the parasite can live for about an hour on damp towels, washcloths, and bathing suits. If someone uses these towels or washcloths or puts on the bathing suit, the disease may be passed on that way.

So yes, it can live on other objects for about an hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Trichomoniasis is caused by the single-celled protozoan parasite, Trichomonas vaginalis. The vagina is the most common site of infection in women, and the urethra (urine canal) is the most common site of infection in men. The parasite is sexually transmitted through penis-to-vagina intercourse or vulva-to-vulva (the genital area outside the vagina) contact with an infected partner. Women can acquire the disease from infected men or women, but men usually contract it only from infected women.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009