husnband upset cause i added local cop on myspace....

i dont see the problem but maybe i was wrong for doing so, he had alot of common interest one of which is politics my husband doesnt care for politics so like to talk someone who does...why is it so bad to be friends with a cop? the guy is married and i kinda know his wife. when we talk its nothing of personal stuff just general discussions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I dont blame ur husband for being upset...he's a man,they do that. They overreact and what not,if its just friends he shouldnt have a prob unless u give him a reason to be mad or whatever. If u were me or i were u i wouldnt delete him. I hate feeling controlled ! Especially in situations where something small is made into something big. I dont think u did anything wrong. A person is allowed to have friends,right?
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 3:29 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If it bothers your husband than you should take him off. It is not like this guy is an old and dear friend of yours. You are basically telling your husband that you would rather talk to this guy than him.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 10:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• op here
    its not that i rather talk to him it just when i bring up political stuff with my hubby he gets mad and tells me off so i just gave up on talkin to him about stuff he isnt interested in. his only problem with the guy is the fact that he is a cop..i talk to other guys like local band members and he doesnt care he just doesnt want me friends with a cop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It's always good to have a cop as a friend, even if just for politics!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I didn't think cops were allowed to have MySpace or Facebook accounts? Atleast that is how it is in my area. If it makes your hubby uncomfortable, you shouldn't be doing it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• why would a police officer not be allowed to have a myspace? I doubt he has "X city policeman" on the heading and we're all entitled to having friends, etc aren't we?

If it's causing problems between you and your hubby, you're going to have to decide which is more important... the politial conversations with this one man (find a woman who is political maybe???) or your hubby's feelings.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I hate to say this, and I'm going anon, cus I don't want people mad at me! lol...but I have known alot of cops, my dad was a cop, I've dated cops, and hung around alot of cops. They all have an attitude. They all think they are God's gift to woman. They think they are above the law. They think every woman wants them. They have the highest divorce rate, and most of them cheat. They have a God complex. I'd respect your dh and not be friends with this cop...your dh either knows how cops are or just senses that this wouldn't be good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• if it bothers your husband then take him off myspace..its not like hes vital to your life right? (the cop) talking about politics with someone else is not as important as respecting your husbands wishes..JMO/
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 4:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2009