Have you ever had to deal with an aggressive teen boy?

I am at my wits end with my son. Last night he blew a fuse because he was told to go to bed (school the next morning) and that he wasn't going to spend the night at his grandparents. He flew off the handle and run out the door and all heck broke loose. I went to my parents and there he pushed me into the wall and pushed me around telling me very mean things. I ended up calling the police on him and they talked to him, but suggested he spend the night at my parents, the whole reason we had this fight in the first place. Tomorrow we have to go to the welfare office over this mess, He is currently staying at my parents, as I am to the point of giving up on my son. Anyone know wha t I can do? Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Anger management counseling and family counseling. When a teen pushes someone out of anger, that is not normal nor is it acceptable. You did the right thing by calling the cops, it must have been difficult but now your son knows that you are not fooling around and his behavior is unacceptable. Good luck!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I have tried counseling with him and medication neither has worked. If he don't get his way he flys off the handle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Next time he assaults you by pushing you, maybe calling the cops (just to talk to him) will put the fear of God into him. You never know. It worked for my nephew and he was scared and straightened up. GL and keep us posted.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• sounds like he is in need of some tough love. Are there any male fathers in your family besides your dad like and uncle or a brother? sometimes living with a stricter family for a while will straighten them up. I hope you can figure it all out because we dont want him to end up in the system (corrections) Honestly if you get him in there now for being unruly its very likely he will just keep going back.

Maybe talk to your pastor. or any pastor for that matter they usually have good advice. and there may be a boarding school for boys like that you could look into.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 11:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think you shoudl send him to military school or boot camp! Or call Steve Wilkos or Judge Hatchett!!! They always help. If you don't want to do that, you may just have to loosen up and let him do what he wants, how old is he? Because that depends on age... I don't know that is a toughie but my fiance was one of those boys, only his mom did give in and let him do whatever he wanted from the age of 6!! You are doing the right thing by standing up for yourself and trying your hardest!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• The problems arise from a couple of things: feeling powerless and feeling pointless.

Making him feel more powerless will benefit no one. Making him feel additionally pointless is no help, either.

This is a lad who is starved for love, for a purpose in life, for a sense of belonging and for respect for his real self. Further starving him of affection and respect for his point of view will not anger him less than he is already feeling.

Have you asked him what he wants? Have you asked him what he thinks of things? Does he have anyone in his home who is on his side?

Yes, he's probably an immature idiot, compared to your wisdom and knowledge of the world... but he was when he was discovering how to walk, and that was no reason to hold him in contempt. He can only be as mature as he is. If he finds no respect from the world, he'll discover none on his own.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2009