Obama plans to desecrate 9/11?

How sad is this?

The Obama White House is behind a cynical, coldly calculated political effort to erase the meaning of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks from the American psyche and convert Sept. 11 into a day of leftist celebration and statist idolatry.

This effort to reshape the American psyche has nothing to do with healing the nation and everything to do with easing the nation along in the ongoing radical transformation of America that President Obama promised during last year's election campaign. The president signed into law a measure in April that designated Sept. 11 as a National Day of Service, but it's not likely many lawmakers thought this meant that day was going to be turned into a celebration of ethanol, carbon emission controls, and radical community organizing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The administration's plans were outlined in an Aug. 11 White House-sponsored teleconference call run by Obama ally Lennox Yearwood, president of the Hip Hop Caucus, and Liv Havstad, the group's senior vice president of strategic partnerships and programs.

They view Sept. 11 as a "Republican" day because it focuses the public on supposedly "Republican" issues like patriotism, national security, and terrorism. According to liberals, 9/11 was long ago hijacked by Republicans and their enablers and unfairly used to bludgeon helpless Democrats at election time.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Do you people ever get tired of wind yourself up over fake reports. Stop long enough to use your brains.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think that would be very sad and I don't think it will go over well with those that lost loved ones in that horrible event. No doubt, some of the more rabid supporters that lost loved ones that day will blindly support anything this wolf in sheep's clothing pushes, but I think the majority would have a negative opinion of this type of agenda. It should be a day of mourning and remembering what was lost and how we got to where we are now.

Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me if he pushed this. He doesn't seem to have a grasp on the blood, sweat and tears that helped form this country. He doesn't respect those that don't agree with him and criticize him. He is a weak leader and a weak patriot.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Desecration? Really. I read that whole hysterival article and for the life of me I couldn't figure out where the desecration came in. From your article: The president signed into law a measure in April that designated Sept. 11 as a National Day of Service "for people to connect, to find other people in your peer group who are also passionate about repowering America but also greening up America and cleaning up America." (quote from van jones)

Oh, yes, terrifying. A day to remember you country and do something positive for it. I can see why you are flipping out.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• LOL Stacy. More of the same old same old.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Awe two sane people responded to this post, Thank God! I can still have some faith in this country.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 11:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• MAYBE because it is supossed to be for remembering those lost to the terrorist attacks and those afterwards who dug through the rubble.I mean imo that is what it should stay for NOT for this jargon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• . A day to remember you country and do something positive for it. I can see why you are flipping out.

I think by refusing to allow anything POSITIVE to occur on 9/11 or to be unable to feel anything but anger, sadness or apathy is doing a disservice to the family members of the victims. Of course it was an awful day for our country and horrific for those famlies directly affected, but to never move forward is to waste the lives of those who still live : spouses, children, grandchildren, parents, friends. Many of these individuals are strong, healthy and vibrant-living very full, albeit changed lives. Time does lessen pain-

I'm all for our country coming together and doing something positive that day.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• He probably wishes he could take credit for the day's events how else could he?
    He is all about himself! He loves His ideas!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009