So Christians what do you think when other Christians celebrate Halloween?

do you look down on them? Or believe they are lost?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think they like to dress up, ring door bells and eat candy. I know I do.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My gosh I am a christian and I thought part of being a christian was not to judge people. God is the only one who is supposed to judge us. I would have to say what other people do is their own business as long as they arent hurting themselves or someone else.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• well sometimes they are lost so I kind of tell them what street they are on and how to get back to the main road.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• LOl, anon :56
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Umm...well, considering that I'm a CHRISTIAN who celebrates HALLOWEEN, I would say that NO, I DO NOT look down on them and NO, I DO NOT believe they are lost. Halloween is about scaring the demons and evil things away, not inviting them in.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well, seeing I am a Christian and celebrate Halloween, why would I look down on someone else? I really don't care what someone else does, as long as they are taking care of their families, it isn't my business or place to judge someone else. OMG, I teach in a Catholic preschool and we celebrate Halloween and we even teach the kids about different cultures at Christmas and show them what others do to celebrate Christmas. Why are you so concerened what someone else does or feels? It is not our place to judge, only God has the right to judge others.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Growing up we didn't "do" Halloween, but now that I'm an adult, I think it's fun. IDK how "into it" we'll get when DD gets old enough, but I think it's family fun and can be tailored for everyone's beliefs.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Neither, Days are what you make of them you if you believe it is wrong then okay for you its wrong. For me its not, its a fun day for my children to play dress up and have fun with their friends. I wont judge someone if they choose not to participate and I expect that others not judge me.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Halloween is a Catholic holiday so I think did you go to mass yet? Really I don't think that I just give them candy.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 11:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• OP here....yea um tyfry I was simply asking for peoples opinions, I'm not judging anyone. So if you didn't like the question you should have skipped it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2009