do you wanna give Saint Anthony a holler....

I totally lost my purse. i have spent way too much time on cafemom today. I wonder if this is God's way of saying get off your keester and move.

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 10:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol. could be!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• found it!

I misplace so much I have St. Anthony right under my crucifix. LOL
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 11:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• OKay one of these days I'm going to have someone give me the list of all the saints and what their significance is. St. Francis is animals and nature, So Does that make St. Anthony a "locater of lost goods" type? I DO know that all the saints are given these particular significants based on their works in life.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yes- St. Anthony helps locate lost objects. There's a story about St. Anthony that a novice carried off a valuable book (a collection of psalms) that St. Anthony was using. St. Anthony prayed very hard that the psalter would be found. After seeing an alarming apparition of St. Anthony, the novice returned the psalter. However, many think it developed from the idea that he is the patron of lost souls — those who have fallen to mortal sin, have abandoned the Church and have grown apathetic to the practice of the faith and that grew to lost things.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• St Anthony is the patron saint of lost items. St Jude (another favorite of mine) patron saint of loss causes. (only way some kids get through college I tell ya) St. Christopher is protector in war I thought but I was told to bury a statue of him in my yard one time. You connect with the saint or the saint connects with you.

My grandmother was visited by Our Lady of Mount Carmel in a vision. Her mom told her that means she will have a baby and her name will be Carmen. My grandmother found out she was pregnant and drove hours to a Church name Mount Carmel. When she walked in Our Lady of Mount Carmel was on the alter holding a rose. Approximately 40 weeks later the world welcomed Carmen Rose.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 11:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• eringobrough, I always thought he is the patron saint of lost souls, and lost items and I think there was one other thing. But I love so much the helpers God gave us. Without Saint Anthony I would be lost.

OK that last part was dorky but I am tired.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 11:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• St. Anthony is both the patron of lost objects and lost souls. St. Christopher is usually thought of as the patron saint of safe travel (he was said to have carried the baby Jesus across a river). St. Michael the archangel is the guardian of marines, paratroopers, police. Sometimes people bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to sell a home - but that's more superstition than an actual Catholic practice. Here's info about patron saints.

Loved the story about Carmen Rose.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• hmm learn something new every day. When my nephew and my friend's husband went to Iraq/afgan they both carried St. Christopher medals. I will have to ask my dad why? I wonder if it was to Carry them safely home?

I am intrigued now.

It might be St. Joseph I was told to bury in my yard when we bought the house. I didn't do it because if I spend 10 dollars on a statue it is not going in the dirt. I agree that is superstition more than practice.

thanks for the info. I am going to bed now. Who is the patron saint of sleep?
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 12:26 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• lol
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• St. Anthony knows all about me and with my ADD he's always helping me find my keys... and my purse... my socks... oh the list goes on and on. ^_^

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2009