I'm starting to get very concerned about this! HELP PLZ!

A few times a day I will get this uncomfortable cramp in my stomach and then I will get this round hard lump (about the size of a large orange or grapefruit??) at the top of my stomach. It is really tight and hard and I'm a big girl so my stomach isn't even that hard most of the time. It only lasts maybe half a minute or so and then just relaxes and goes away...but what the hell could this be?? The first few times I passed it off as baby's head or something, but I'm starting to think that's not what it is and it seems to eventually happens more often (it started as once every few days about a month ago but now its like 5 times a day). My doctor just said "Oh that's normal" when I asked about it. Anyone know what this is??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, I would vote they are Braxton Hicks as well. I get that lump sometimes when I try to sit up (I am 33 weeks now but have gotten the lump for a while now), and I assume it's part of the baby. I would ask the doctor for more details though... Don't you hate it when, they are just like "yeah, that's normal" but don't give you any information at all...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 12:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• OP here - BTW I am 31 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Could be braxton hicks contractions, normal, practice contractions. Maybe started by a kick.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009