If your DH and you agreed that you both wanted a baby ...

would you let something like, being on public assistance make you wait for who knows how long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have never been on PA, but I would not be trying to have a baby if I was already on it or if I would have to go on it once I had the baby.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 11:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• If I was on public assistance I would not be trying to get preggo. Only because I feel like it it would be MY responsibility to provide for that child and not society's.

If society is already helping you I think it is irresponsible to add to it by bringing another mouth to feed (on purpose)..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Nope, I was on PA when I got pregnant the first time, and we're still on PA and trying for #2. Things are getting better for us, so we'll probably stop receiving next month when it's time to recert. Yes, I'm posting anon. But there are too many moms on here that think just because you're poor you don't deserve to have children. It's not for anyone else (other moms, friends, government, etc) to decide whether I have children or not. That's between my husband and I.
    Anonymous

• It's not for anyone else (other moms, friends, government, etc) to decide whether I have children or not. That's between my husband and I.

Then why isn't it up to YOU and YOUR DH to PROVIDE for your kids! Id you can't feed them! Don't make them! You sound so irresponsible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Then why isn't it up to YOU and YOUR DH to PROVIDE for your kids! Id you can't feed them! Don't make them! You sound so irresponsible.
    _________

Read, think, type, read again. In that order.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I WAS ON PA FOR MY DD AND TELL U THE TRUTH ....IM NOT MARRIED BECAUSE OF IT! IF WE WANT ANOTHER CHILD WE WILL GET BACK ON PA....WE PAY OUR TAXES SO Y NOT GET PA.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I would wait. Clearly if we needed PA we were not ready. We made sure we could meet all our childs needs before we had one. We were 30 when we had our first. I just had our 7th child at 40. It was worth the wait we can financially afford our children and can give them a great life filled with love and many other advantages.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2009