If youre highly religious in one religion, will you take the time to learn about other religions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Who is defined as 'highly religious?' I practice Buddhism and live that philosophy on a daily basis, but don't consider myself 'highly religious' because I'm not attached to any particular dogma and don't view Buddhism as the only correct path. I'm just trying to live peacefully and happily and compassionately and view this path as a good means to that end. It makes sense to me. So does that make me 'highly religious?' I have no idea!
    That being said, I find religion/spirituality really interesting and like learning about other beliefs, even if I don't necessarily share the beliefs myself. I think that what people believe and why is a really fascinating topic!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• NO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am. And i have. And i will continue to do so.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yes, of course.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I will certainly take time to learn about another religion - although I may not take the religion serious.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• First of all im not religious :) I have a relationship with Jesus Christ my Lord and savior... I would take the time to learn about what others believe just to wonder why they don't believe in the God of the bible and why they denied Jesus Christ as there savior...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I have.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Freela. I understand your view point 100% and agree. however, for the purpose of the question i did categorize myself as being "highly religious"
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Nope
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• OK, I guess I will categorize myself as 'highly religious' for the purpose of the question as well! :)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009