Emotional Abuse?

All I can do is sit here and cry. He is saying that he doesn't have time for counseling because of his work schedule and he is already sleep deprived. We have been married 2 years. I feel like I walk on eggshells because I don't know if what I say, whether I think it is good or bad, will upset him. He gets mad then apologizes. I have said that isn't enough. He knows. We have a son. I think about leaving sometimes, but then there are custody issues and then I would have to deal with his family who would want to see our son even if his dad didn't have custody, etc. And I basically can't stand his family. Sometimes I wonder why I married him. But I do love my son SO MUCH. I love my hubby and want to get some help. Part of the time things are ok, but when he is at all upset suddenly I am the problem. What am I supposed to do??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm in this same situation.....exactly....only maybe farther down the road where things got so bad that I finally decided it needed to end. We're separated now, and things are still complicated...but at least I'm not dealing with emotional abuse on a daily basis. If you need to talk, PM me.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 11:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• There is a good book about Emotionally Abused Women. See if your library has some to help you figure it all out. Of course he's going to tell you that you are the problem. He doesn't want to admit he's at fault. As for custody and visitation, the family can't force you to let them visit with your child. I was reading the laws on Grandparent's rights and many states don't even recognize that. Call a local domestic violence shelter and ask them if they have any suggestions for you

Answer by admckenzie at 12:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2009