Chipping Nail Polish

What can I do to avoid this? I'm painting my nails every 3 days it seems cause they chip and all that.. Thanks!

KaileyB2004

Asked by KaileyB2004 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Are you putting clear-coat under your polish? I find that if I use a clear-coat underneath that the polish chips off faster and easier. What I do instead is to buff my nails to a high shine before I paint and I put the polish straight on - let them completely dry in between coats then dry almost completely before applying a top coat. My polish usually last 7-10 days. Remember though that washing dishes does weaken the polish - so expect to reapply the top coat to help strengthen the polish in between reapplications.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh I never knew that the clear coat does that. I've been putting that on and trying different ones.. I'm going to strip the polish off my nails tomorrow and give that a try.

Thank you for the quick response!
    KaileyB2004

Answer by KaileyB2004 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2009